Dog is Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog is Dead Questions and Answers

+28
dreamstate
HairOfTrev
EmzyGirl94
kayno
THISTOWNITSSOELECTRIC
JamieFallon1
tyroneusedtobearobot
beataylorful
meabh
lydiaahughes
DIDlove
Lizem
Jan123
katiethornton
Sam Rowlands
lunarbats
marthashep
Yesman
JessTodosijczuk!
allthingsastounding
MattNewton
omgmolly
stubbsy12
littlelionelli
Juusica
ILP
GeorgeTurpin
Admin
32 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Dog is Dead Questions and Answers - Page 4 Empty Re: Dog is Dead Questions and Answers

Post  DIDLUVA Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:34 am

I like young, play in America?

DIDLUVA

Back to top Go down

Dog is Dead Questions and Answers - Page 4 Empty Re: Dog is Dead Questions and Answers

Post  Dog Is Dead Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:42 am

We did it! Sorry if there's any mistakes, we did this across a couple of computers and there were a few issues but I think we ironed them out. All the questions without a name after them were answered by Harvey. The ones with names after were answered by whatever name follows them (obviously). Thanks a lot guys. Joss xxx

Will you be playing in London when your album comes out? Or is there any chance you will play reading or underage festival? I must see you play this year!

We’ll definitely be playing a London show. There are some more festival announcements to come in the next few weeks.

What is your favourite song to perform live? Xxxxx

Glockenspiel Song is always a favourite. Teenage Daughter is a lot of fun too.
Harvey

I like Burial Ground as we don’t get to play it that often.
Joss

In the 'On the road video diary #1' video, who sings "lama lama lama lama chameleon"? Haha x.

Haha! That was Joss

Also can you guys please just come to Australia already?

We’d LOVE to. And we’ll get over there as soon as we can

Is there any chance you'll be playing Underage Fest this year? It's on my friend's birthday and hopefully going down from Manchester for it!

We’re not sure yet. We’d like to though!

What is Trev saying to his burger? It confuses me every time I watch it! Usually watch it purely for Rob and Paul's immense dancing at the start tbh...

“Are you me?” We say he looks like a burger. You can see the resemblance here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Did you enjoy playing The Deaf Institute in Manchester, it was the first time I saw you live and you were bloody brilliant! Also in advance, did you enjoy Dot to Dot? I'm sure I will

Yes! Manchester’s always great. The dot to dot weekend was a busy one – we played 6 festivals in 3 days but it was a lot of fun too.

Burial Ground my favourite song, will it be on the album?x

We haven’t decided the final track listing yet, sorry!

Apart from Trev, who's the most annoying?x

HA! We’re all pretty annoying. Trev just get’s most stick for it.
Harvey.

Paul gets smug over anything, so i’d say him.
Joss.

Did you go and see any other acts at Dot to Dot?x

We had a busy weekend but did manage to catch Willy Mason, The Internet, The Drums and Pulled Apart by Horses between us!

how come you never play gigs in York?

I don’t know actually. We should though. York is awesome!

if you played York, would you let my band be your support act?

Send us some music to listen to, definitely!

I missed you at a festival last year and was wondering if you'll be at Leeds this year?
If not, are you touring again soon?
Also, is the album coming soon?

We are playing a lot of festivals this year and there’s more to be announced very soon! There will be a tour after the album in Autumn time!

Which songs from the Your Childhood EP will feature in your album?

We haven’t finalized the track listing yet but there will definitely be some stuff from the EP on there!

WHEN IS THE ALBUM COMING OUT?????!! I need it soon!

Autumn time. No definite date yet sorry!

Also will you do a Notts show sometime over the summer?

We haven’t got anything booked, but we love playing Notts so we’ll be back as soon as we can.

Do you remember me and my friends from the Deaf Institute in Manchester? the one's that gave you cookies! And will we be able to see you after Dot to dot?
I apologize if i have posted this in the wrong bit, it's rather confusing.
Love Molly and Jess xoxox

Yes! Delicious cookies, thank you. We did see you guys at D2D too!

Why are you guys so mean to Trev?

Good question. It’s just quite funny. Although we do love that guy, so we’re allowed.
Harvey.

Because he’s an idiot.
Joss.

If you weren't all in Dog Is Dead then what jobs would you want to do / be doing??

Harv – Probably something with maths (‘cos I’m a geek)
Joss – Trev’s personal round the clock carer.

Will you ever consider coming to New Zealand for a show? My friends and I so desperately want to see you live! Can't wait for the album  Keep it up xx

Thanks. We really hope we get to go out there at some point.

What other bands are you listening to and enjoying at the moment?

Alt-J, Friends, Other Lives, Alabama Shakes, Willy Mason, Sigur Ros, Happa, Kagoule, Kappa Gamma, Opie Deino, Jacques Greene. There’s so much interesting music happening at the moment.

Apart from Rob, who's the best singer?....

Tricky. Paul’s probably got the highest range but we’re all different so it’s hard to say who’s best.
Harvey.

Definitely not me.
Joss.

Would you ever do a gig with a ukulele duo called ThorntonClough? They have covered one of your songs, just go to youtube and type in thorntonclough, they covered young.

We listened to it! Very cool cover, thanks. Do you guys play any original stuff too?

a while ago you sold a DID t-shirt on your site, why no more!? i really want one!

We mainly just sell them at shows. The online thing is hard to keep track of!

Do you ever listen to your own music?

When we first record something we get quite excited about it. But we end up listening to the songs about 1 million times in the making of so not that often!

was the Your Childhood EP ever put on vinyl?

Nope, but our singles after have been.

Will you guys be touring the states anytime soon? You've grown quite a fan base here!

Awesome! Hopefully at the end of this year or early next year.

Can you give my mum a great reason for her to let me go to Truck festival? The line up is amazing and it includes you guys and I need to go! Thanksss

Hmmm. It’s a cheap festival with a great line up. And you should tell her it’s educational too.  

The album name is amazing, how and who came up with it?

Thanks! It’s actually a line from Two Devils. It’s definitely Rob’s brain child though.

Will Glock be released on vinyl as well as download?

Yep, we think so!

where does Joss buy his clothes?

Mainly charity shops, but then anywhere in Brighton is good for jeans, t shirts i usually blag off bands that we play with (which is the reason I own about 2 non-band shirts) and then shoes and jackets from a skate shop called 'Non-stop' in Nottingham. Joss.

When you get really big, will you continue to do gigs at smaller venues?

We love playing smaller and bigger gigs. Hopefully we’ll still have chance to do both.

If you could pick any band to go on tour with, who would it be?

Red Hot Chili Peppers circa 1991.
Harvey

Sigur Ros or Radiohead purely so that I could watch them every day.
Joss

What's all your favourite animals?

Harv – Dogs
Joss – I love dogs but alpacas take it just because they look hilarious and are Trev's closest relative.

What's the weirdest thing that's been shouted at you at a gig?

Our friend Dan Roberts likes to heckle us. His last one was in Manchester when he kept shouting 'We only know your singles!'

On a scale of 1-10, how cool would you rate each other's hair?

Trev’s hair is a 0.
The rest of us are 10’s.

Are there ever any arguments with in the band?

Not really. We’ve got pretty good at spending all of our time together.
Harvey

Trev and I argue constantly because his lack of logic annoys me. This normally ends in us wrestling at service stations.
Joss

Rob did you have a good birthday? Any good presents?x

Had a great one cheers. The guys gave me a new effects pedal, a scotch egg and a blue WKD. Not baaaad.
Rob

Harvey, how did you find joining the band at a later stage?

It was a bit crazy at first as I didn’t know the guys that well but it feels like I’ve been there forever now!

What member are closest in the band?

Joss and Trev have this weird flirty hatred for each other. But we’re pretty sure they love each other. We’re all great friends though to be honest. We don’t really have much time to have any other friends!
Harvey

In our free time Paul is a hermit, Harvey and Rob do nice fun productive things and Trev and I wander around looking like Beavis and Butthead and embarrassing ourselves.
Joss

Who's the most famous person each of you have ever met?

I once met Trev from Dog is Dead.
Harvey

I once met Fatboy Slim and got overly starstruck as his music was a massive part of my childhood.
Joss

Are you coming to Ireland again anytime soon? And will there be tshirts onsale when the new albums out?

Yeah we’ll definitely get some tshirts printed. And not sure on the Ireland thing but I doubt it’ll be too long, we love it over there! Joss

what do you think of your fans?

We love you guys!

What was the reason behind your name?

I came up with it and even I can’t really remember. We needed a name really quickly for a school battle of the bands and somehow that became it. Joss

do you have a number 1 fan? if so who is it?

We have 5. All of our mums. Joss

Bought one of your t-shirts at Rock city last year, but it has shrunk... so I need a new one! Are you planning to sell t-shirts and other merch in the future?

Yes definitely! How badly did it shrink? I’ll see if we can find you a new one. Joss

How does it feel to have people creating 'fanbases' for you?
did you ever expect to be this successful?

I think it’s awesome! It means so much to us having people like you guys. You make it really worth doing. I never thought we’d be this successful. To be honest I never thought i’d manage to make 4 friends, let alone have fans. Joss

which gig or appearance do you think has given you the greatest exposure?

I’d say probably Glastonbury 2010 as we managed to get onto the BBC2 coverage, which did absolute wonders for us! Joss

top 3 gigs played?

Our Rescue Rooms hometown show a few years back has to be one. Glastonbury 2010 and Leeds festival last year would probably be the other two.
Joss

where do you all shop?

Due to extensive touring it ends up being pretty much anywhere and everywhere. I personally favour charity shops and ebay.
Joss.

if you had to be any other member of the band for a day who would you be and why?

I’d be Trev, partly because i’m intrigued as to how his brain works and what he does when he’s not around us, and partly so that I could do lots of bad things so that he would be in the shit when it was all over.
Joss.

What would you name your fans if you would wish to name us?

GR8 M8s

How did you meet each other?

Rob and I first met when I’d started a band with another guy in my class when we were about 13/14. We’d heard there was a guy in our year called Rob who had just started playing bass so we snapped him up and formed a 3 piece called ‘Crisis’. We were shit, mainly due to Rob being the only one that could play his instrument, and broke up due to ‘creative differences’ (us realising we were shit). About a year later Trev moved to our school and Rob and I befriended him, and he joined a band with me and 2 others called Oh!Henry (Rob was in a different band called Trippin’ Over Wah). Trev and I still think this band were seriously overlooked. About a year after that Rob and I were sat next to each other in History and decided to start a band called Dog is Dead. We got Trev on the sax and started jamming. When we realised I couldn’t play guitar at all Trev introduced us to his friend Paul from Drama, who we snapped up immediately. Then about 2 years down the line a lucky turn of events led us to meet Harvey, who we also snapped up instantly, mainly due to his overuse of the word ‘banter’.
Joss x

Who are the main people/bands who inspire you as a group?

We all have very different influences. Rob is really into dad-rock like the Dire Straits and Springsteen as well as psychedelia such as the Flaming Lips and Mercury Rev. Trev was brought up on Jazz (hence the saxophone). I’m a massive Beatles fan so that explains some of the harmonies. That's pretty much how it started. Then when the other two joined they brought whole new influences to the band.
Joss.

will you guys come to new york city any time soon?

Trust me, we would love to. Hopefully it can happen soon! Joss

What are the lyrics for Teenage Daughter just after 'all caught up in love but.....'?

It’s ‘All caught up in love and shake your hands you fickle hearted’

Joss.....when you next home please could you tidy your room and put the pants and socks away. Thanks. DogIsDad. Xx PS....love the single and album name.

GOD DAD LEAVE ME ALONE IT’S NOT EVEN THAT MESSY GOD

Trev, how is your hair so beautiful?

Years of perming and excessive dyeing have left Trev’s hair dry, brittle and permanently damaged. Joss.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would each of you live? xxxxx

I’d really like to live in Canada. Someone once told me you could ski in the morning and surf in the afternoon! Joss

Last edited by Dog Is Dead on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Dog Is Dead

Back to top Go down

Post  Dog Is Dead Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:46 am

Just saw there was a few more so I answered them. Joss xx

Would you rather swim in milk or custard?

I heard that it is possible to walk on custard so I can imagine it's pretty easy to drown in, so I'd say milk. Great question.

If you got the chance to name someone's child anything what would you all it and why?

Anything but Trev. No one deserves the misfortune of having the same name as our bassist.

Why is Trev with the only one that gets his face on a t-shirt?

Because no one else has a face stupid enough to put on a t shirt!

In the band, who has the best shoe collection???

Definitely me!

Whats your favourite tv programme?

South Park by far. Nothing is funnier or more creative and clever when it comes to television.

Dog Is Dead

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4